Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Avatar: New Beginnings. These are important links that will help you get started on the site. Please read the rules before asking questions on the chatbox. If you have private questions feel free to pm our moderators.

Creation Mod Head Admin Mod Mod Mod Mod
Latest topics
» Eternity's End
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 am by Guest

» Pokemon: Locked in Time
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm by Guest

» D.Gray-Man RPG
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:08 pm by Synch

» Mirage!
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 pm by Himitsu

» Naruto Saga
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm by Koga Urufu

» Naruto: Shinobi Sensu
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:28 am by Guest

» A really active RP site!
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm by Hakai

» Republic City: Thread of Fate
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:22 pm by Guest

» IMAGINERS*, an original fantasy RP
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:45 am by Guest

Monster Hunt

~The world has seen it’s fair share of crazy things....luckily most of those things have vanished over time...well they had. Recently, creatures of legend have started to spring up all across the land. In different parts of the world beasts of legend have once again begun terrorizing the world. For fear of death the people and lords of the areas alike have come together for the purpose pooling their funds to offer large rewards for the creatures....dead or alive. If the so called Hunters have what it takes.

~Okay so heres how it works. If you think you gots what it takes, you are being summoned, called upon, or requested for your expert services. People gots monster problems and they need’em taken care of. You’ll be posting below if you are up for the task, and put in groups. This is how we will determine who goes after which creature. Now wether or not you want to team up for this party is up to you guys, however for the sake of the event we’re gonna ask you determine it from the jump. Meaning No saying, “Yeah lets be friends....” Then turn around and stab someone in da Back. If ya Wanna fight for it, fight for it. We’re gonna focus on the Hunt here ya dig? Oh yeah, and these beasts of legend I mentioned.... They’ll be controlled by your’s truly, friendly staff and volunteers already selected to fairly control the beasts to provide a fun, engaging, and challenging event. And we are selected to control them based on skill, not popularity and it’s for your own good. We’re not trying to end the event in the first encounter with the beast your after, where would the fun in that be right?

Character OTM
Couple OTM
Topic OTM
Staff OTM
Battle OTM

Month: 3

Season: Summer

Full Moon: 30th

Solar Eclipse: 15th

Lunar Eclipse: 1st

Sozin's Comet: 21st November

The World Pandora
Soul Disruptioni
Bleach Society Role-Play

Our Button
Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 R2qpn8
Our Scrolling Affiliates

Digital Hazard BBY
PLAGUED
Ultimate Shinobi

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW

This site is not endorsed by Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The Official Avatar site can be found at http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/avatar/

Avatar, the Avatar logo, all names and pictures of Avatar characters, and any other Avatar related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Nickelodeon or their respective trademark and copyright holders. Pictures taken from zerochan, photobucket, and google images.

© All Rights Reserved.

Arrival at the Great Gaoling.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bender
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Bender

Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:52 am

Right after Rozu climbs his way over the wall, Yukizuri grabs onto one blunt end of his staff, pressing the other end into the ground and pushing off hard enough to launch him up and over the wall. The airbender makes sure to keep a tight hold on his staff as he flies up and over, staying hidden from the guards while they chat with each other about their shifts. He lands quietly next to Rozu after he has already knocked out the guard. He simply watches as Rozu lights up a few flowers, distracting some of the guards.

The airbender quietly comes up behind them both, then swings his bo staff quickly and hard, hitting the guard on the right on the right side of his head, then immediately spinning the wooden pole to knock out the second by hitting the other side of his head, so that they fall into each other harmlessly. Yukizuri stomps out the flames quickly before it can get large enough to catch the attention of the other guards.

"Mmph... That was easy enough."
Back to top Go down
Rika
Heishou
Heishou
Rika

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Rika smirked and used some water from the gourd on her back to wake a guard up. She splashed it into a guard's face. He awoke with a start and the woman turned a bit of water into an ice spike. Her face turned dark as the sun went down. The shadow on her face became bigger making her seem dangerous.

"You're going to tell us where the Bending scrolls are or I'll put this giant icicle in certain places." The ice spike then jabbed his neck slightly. A trickle of blood came out of his small and shallow wound. It trickled down his neck and his eyes widened.

It took some convincing but when Rika aimed it over his... male body part area... he began to talk. The scrolls were located in the children's room. The kids couldnt get to it because they were in a compartment above the room. The guard told them how to open the compartment. NOBODY would have guessed that they would be located in the children's play room. It was the perfect hiding place.
Back to top Go down
Rozu
Fire Bender
Fire Bender
Rozu

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:41 am

Rozu looked kinda surprised to see Rika take charge like that. She seemed like such a nice girl, but now Rozu knew not push her the wrong way. Rozu smirked at the guard "You better tell her what she wants to know, I dont think she's joking."

"So the scrolls are in the childrens room, that changes nothing. I want those scrolls by all means." Rozu said looking inside the door to make sure there were no gaurds.

Rozu went inside first, and kept low by a wall. He gestured for the others to come on aswell it was safe. Rozu spotted two gaurds, who were a good distance away, but noise would get there attention. Rozu ran quick keeping real low. He got close to both guards and before they noticed him Rozu tripped the one on the left, and waisting no time he kneed the second one in the face hitting his nose to knock him out. Rozu quickly grabbed the one he tripped by the neck with his right hand, he used his left to spark a flame. "Childrens room now!!" His voice deep and kinda scary.

The guard looked freaked out. "To the right all the way down the hall." He said quickly. Rozu put out the fire and used his hand to punch him in the face knocking him out. Then he started going right down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Bender
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Bender

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Yukizuri starts to follow Rozu and Rika towards the children's room, quietly opening the door, then standing outside. "I'm gonna stay outside and keep watch." He whispers to the both of them, careful not to wake anyone up. "And stay quiet. We don't want alarm bells, remember?"

After a few seconds of searching, he hears a large number of boots running down the other side of the hall, opposite of their escape route, and he pulls his staff out from behind his back. "Hey, someone's coming down the hall, and it sounds like he's got quite a lot of company... We need to find the scrolls and leave!" Just as he finishes that second sentence, a pair of guards turn the corner of the hall to see Yukizuri standing in front of the children's room with his bo staff out and ready for attacking. "I'll hold them off for as long as I can!"

The airbender attacks the guards with his bo staff, knocking quite a few out and not allowing any of them to get past him to the children's room for several minutes, plenty of time to get the scrolls and leave, and as they go, he calls out for them to just leave, with the promise that he would catch up later.

Despite his skill with the staff, Yukizuri is soon overwhelmed by all the guards that just keep coming, and he falls to one of the guards' swords. As his blood pools around his prostrate body, he reaches for his staff, apparently trying to take it and continue defending those two strangers. One of the guards sees this, and he kicks it out of the airbender's reach. Yukizuri thinks to himself silently as he watches that same guard raising his sword. Guess I won't be able to keep that promise to join back up with them... Damn. This is his last thought as the sword comes down, ending the airbender's life immediately.
Back to top Go down
Rika
Heishou
Heishou
Rika

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Rika had grabbed the scrolls and went out of the room to see their new comrade struck down. Rika gasped but she could see that his wounds could never be healed. One blade looked like it went through his heart. Another looked like it sliced clean through his stomach. The next guard was slicing open his neck. There was no saving him.

Rika only had one thing left to do. She had a duty to Rozu. She grabbed him and dragged him towards the exit. "We have to get out of here! We'll meet the same end he did if we don't! We can't save him!" she yelled to Rozu.

She then began running but guards stopped them. Rika ran into a room dragging Rozu with her. She saw a window. Luckily they were on the ground floor. Rika pushed him out of the open window and jumped out herself. She ran to the wall and yelled. "Nukaaaa!!!"

She then made a huge ice disk with the water in her gourd. She dragged Rozu on it and it lifted them into the air and over the wall. Rika had a hard time controlling it and the two fell once they got over the wall. Luckily they landed on Nuka's back. The Shirshu growled but began with the two of them on his back.
Back to top Go down
Rozu
Fire Bender
Fire Bender
Rozu

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Rozu looked down with his eyes closed, everything happened so fast and the worst thing about was he could do nothing about it. He just met Yukizuri but he felt he had to do more to save his life. He saw Yukizuri being struck down with nothing else to do but run away, it made him feel cowardly. And the last thing Rozu was, is a coward. Rozu was riding on Nuka in silence, he didnt want to speak words. Perhaps he was being to hard on himself but he didnt think so.

Rozu did catch his staff though, he went and grabbed for it before Rika grabbed for him. He held it hard in his grib, he was going to give Yukizuri a burial. He didnt have a body to bury but he figure use his staff as a symbol. "This is what happens whem i'm careless. A man lost his life. Where are we riding to? I need to blow off some steam." Rozu said too Rika.
Back to top Go down
Rika
Heishou
Heishou
Rika

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 am

Rika nodded at him and sighed. They were in a forest now and it was very secluded. She made Nuka stop and rest while the two got off of the beast. Rika stretched a bit. "Don't beat yourself up. He was reckless and did it to himself. Don't blame yourself."

She was beating herself up though. She should have made sure he was protected. She could have done so much more. She bit her lip till it bled lightly. What did they do now? They got the scrolls but at what price? She didn't know the guy for more than an hour but it was still scary to see someone die. Especially if you could have prevented it. She turned to Rozu. "What do you want to do now? Rest? Where do you plan to go?"
Back to top Go down
Rozu
Fire Bender
Fire Bender
Rozu

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 am

Rozu got off the Shirshu and started walking a bit, he was still holding Yuki's staff in his hands. "I atleast wanna give them man some kind of burial you know, thats the least we can do." Rozu said looking deep into the forest.

He turned back to Rika, and saw she bit her lip lightly just a little blood nothing serious. He could tell she was being hard on her self too. Rozu took a deep breath, and let his thoughts settle. For some reason the bending scrolls that they got didnt mean much now. It was times like these when Rozu showed passion, something that he has alot of but didnt show it alot. "Rika we both did the best thing we could. I regret not moving faster but, what happened has happened and there is no turning back. We barely knew the man but it still means a great deal to us. Come on lets go give him a burial site." Rozu said with his hand in the direction into the forrest.

Rozu walked untill he saw a nice open spot with flowers and grass. He pierced the staff into the ground so it was standing up. Rozu stood there for a while, in silence for respects.
Back to top Go down
Rika
Heishou
Heishou
Rika

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:04 am

(sorry for the shitty posts lately. Been rushing rping. ^^;)

"I atleast wanna give them man some kind of burial you know, thats the least we can do." "Rika we both did the best thing we could. I regret not moving faster but, what happened has happened and there is no turning back. We barely knew the man but it still means a great deal to us. Come on lets go give him a burial site."

Rika nodded and followed Rozu deeper into the forest. He then stayed silent giving their fallen comrade respect. Rika was quiet as well. She used a sharp rock and then began to write some symbols on the staff. "It's the way of my people. The symbols. We write them to bring the person who died the respect he needs and to lead him into the afterlife."

Rika bowed her head again and they stayed that way for a long time. Rika didn't time how long they were out there but it was morning by the time they were done. She sighed as she was very tired. The night was spent mourning for a long period of time. Even Nuka mourned. Rika heard chatterings from various squirrels and other animals. She listened and smiled slightly. There was always a silver lining to anything. "What do you want to do now, Rozu?"
Back to top Go down
Rozu
Fire Bender
Fire Bender
Rozu

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 am

(Your posts are never shitty XP)

Rozu stood in silence for a while, then Rika started writting symbols on his staff. "I wish the Fire nation had teachings like that." he said aloud. "But I was taught that a burial was enough to respect the dead, I was always felt that it wasnt." They spent a rather long time mourning but there was no complaints. Rozu even noticed Nuka was in mourn too, it made him smile Nuka wasnt so bad just protective of Rika. Which was good for a pet, it reminded Rozu that he wanted a pet of his own. A companion to make his lonely days less lonesome. But he thought about meeting Rika, it seemed they got along quite well and perhaps they would be partners for a while. Rozu kinda hoped that.

Rozu stretched his legs showing a impressive hieght. He heard Rika's question and it kind of delighted him that him and Rika weren't gonna part yet. But his face didnt show this, he put on his calm expression with a little smirk. "I do know the Kyoshi island is near by here, we can head out over there get some rest and start training with the scrolls."

Rozu then smacked his forehead in stress. "Crap My bag I left my bag..." Rozu said sighing. "Oh well its long gone now." Rozu let it off with a chuckle. It bothered him, he really liked that bag but it was too late to save it now.

Word Count: 3,147

Rank up Points: 3

Last edited by Rozu on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rika
Heishou
Heishou
Rika

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:00 pm

"I wish the Fire nation had teachings like that." he said aloud. "But I was taught that a burial was enough to respect the dead, I was always felt that it wasnt." Rika smiled.

"Its because the fire nation celebrates life. Their emphasis is on life not death. The fire nation always looks to the future. While the Air nomads and water tribes looks to the present and past."

"I do know the Kyoshi island is near by here, we can head out over there get some rest and start training with the scrolls." Rika giggled. He was speaking her language. They could train there and relax a bit. Rika wanted to get stronger so this wouldn't happen again. She didn't want to part with Rozu either. She felt lonely travelling by herself. She was sure Rozu felt the same.

"We both need to get stronger. I don't want to remain this weak forever. We can get stronger and prevent this from happening again."

Rika felt bad about his bag but they could get another on Kyoshi island. She hopped onto the Shirshu and waited for him to get on. They would be able to get there faster on the beast.

(topic end)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the Great Gaoling.   Arrival at the Great Gaoling. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival at the Great Gaoling.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar New Beginnings :: Earth Kingdom :: Gaoling-
Jump to: