Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Avatar: New Beginnings. These are important links that will help you get started on the site. Please read the rules before asking questions on the chatbox. If you have private questions feel free to pm our moderators.

Creation Mod Head Admin Mod Mod Mod Mod
Latest topics
» Eternity's End
First Time For Everything. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 am by Guest

» Pokemon: Locked in Time
First Time For Everything. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm by Guest

» D.Gray-Man RPG
First Time For Everything. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:08 pm by Synch

» Mirage!
First Time For Everything. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 pm by Himitsu

» Naruto Saga
First Time For Everything. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm by Koga Urufu

» Naruto: Shinobi Sensu
First Time For Everything. EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:28 am by Guest

» A really active RP site!
First Time For Everything. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm by Hakai

» Republic City: Thread of Fate
First Time For Everything. EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:22 pm by Guest

» IMAGINERS*, an original fantasy RP
First Time For Everything. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:45 am by Guest

Monster Hunt

~The world has seen it’s fair share of crazy things....luckily most of those things have vanished over time...well they had. Recently, creatures of legend have started to spring up all across the land. In different parts of the world beasts of legend have once again begun terrorizing the world. For fear of death the people and lords of the areas alike have come together for the purpose pooling their funds to offer large rewards for the creatures....dead or alive. If the so called Hunters have what it takes.

~Okay so heres how it works. If you think you gots what it takes, you are being summoned, called upon, or requested for your expert services. People gots monster problems and they need’em taken care of. You’ll be posting below if you are up for the task, and put in groups. This is how we will determine who goes after which creature. Now wether or not you want to team up for this party is up to you guys, however for the sake of the event we’re gonna ask you determine it from the jump. Meaning No saying, “Yeah lets be friends....” Then turn around and stab someone in da Back. If ya Wanna fight for it, fight for it. We’re gonna focus on the Hunt here ya dig? Oh yeah, and these beasts of legend I mentioned.... They’ll be controlled by your’s truly, friendly staff and volunteers already selected to fairly control the beasts to provide a fun, engaging, and challenging event. And we are selected to control them based on skill, not popularity and it’s for your own good. We’re not trying to end the event in the first encounter with the beast your after, where would the fun in that be right?

Character OTM
Couple OTM
Topic OTM
Staff OTM
Battle OTM

Month: 3

Season: Summer

Full Moon: 30th

Solar Eclipse: 15th

Lunar Eclipse: 1st

Sozin's Comet: 21st November

The World Pandora
Soul Disruptioni
Bleach Society Role-Play

Our Button
First Time For Everything. R2qpn8
Our Scrolling Affiliates

Digital Hazard BBY
PLAGUED
Ultimate Shinobi

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW

This site is not endorsed by Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The Official Avatar site can be found at http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/avatar/

Avatar, the Avatar logo, all names and pictures of Avatar characters, and any other Avatar related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Nickelodeon or their respective trademark and copyright holders. Pictures taken from zerochan, photobucket, and google images.

© All Rights Reserved.

First Time For Everything.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasutoro
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Kasutoro

First Time For Everything. Empty
PostSubject: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 pm

"So, this is The Great Divide. I can see why they call it that now." Kasu was standing on the edge of a cliff looking over the entire canyon. He wore his everyday green clothing, with his green cloak. Under his cloak was a sword which was hidden that had a green hilt and was three feet long. He had his hood up as so no one can see his face, and to keep the sun off of it. He also had with him a pouch of water, and a bag of food for his journey. He looked down and suddenly back up. "Holy crap that's a long way down!" he yelled then quickly covered his mouth as he didn't want to be heard. He quickly looked around trying to spot anyone, but didn't see them. He let out a sigh of relief then spotted a cabin. "Great, a tour guide" he said walking towards it.

Word Count: 156
Total: 156
RUP: 0

Last edited by Kasutoro on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
♛MR. BUBBLES
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
♛MR. BUBBLES

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 pm

"The Great Divide has nothing on the Si Wong Desert!" Data muttered to himself walking up one of the many great canyons. His travels took him to many great places, but yet he still hasn't found anyone to give him that thrill-seeking challenge he thrives for. Coming to a stop, The Young Earth-Bender turned his vision up in front with his arm held up blocking the glare of the sun. Then he spotted it, a group of people taking in the sights. "Looks like I'm not alone out here." Data muttered to himself as he brought his body moving again. The hot stone under his feet felt great, he never has seen so much earth around before. In Si Wong, you'll be luck to get a hold of a few meters of earth. But here, Mother Gaia shows her true beauty. As Data walked, the various items clipped and hooked to his hip began dancing with every movement. The three most noticeable items would be his wooden type water flask, a large pouch of gold, and his newly obtained weapon; The Wrath Of Gaia. The Ocean Blue item rested on his left hip and barely moved, he couldn't wait to actually get a chance to use this weapon, may it be in combat or training. After a few minutes of walking, The Young Earth-Bender would reach the group. The leader of the tour would quickly notice Data and stop his advance ready to defend these innocent people. "State your business!" The guide yelled in a powerful Earth-Bending stance. A small smirk grew across the face of Data, but he didn't want any trouble. He could tell the people on the tour were most likely rich and innocent. "No trouble. I just want to join this little tour. I seem to be a little lost." He said reaching into his pouch of gold, and taking out a few handing them over to the guide. "Money talks right?" The Young Earth-Bender said with a arrogant tone. The guide sensed this tone but didn't comment on it, he simply took the gold and went forward with the tour with Data close behind taking in the gorgeous sights.

Word Count: 364
Total Word Count: 364
Rank up Points: 0

Back to top Go down
Kasutoro
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Kasutoro

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Kasu reached the cabin to find that no one was there, and though his face was covered you would be able to see his mouth form a frown. "Now what" that's when he seen a man walking on the other side of the cabin. He had different items on his hip, a wooden flask, pouch full of gold, and an ocean blue item he had never seen before. As the man walked Kasu walked around the cabin to see the man was in fact walking towards a group with a man at the head of it. 'That must be a tour group, and he must be their guide' he thought to himself as the man approached them. "State your business!" the guide yelled as the man approached them. He couldn't really make out what the man was saying, but he could tell he was another tourist by the way he offered his gold. No real threat right? Just another tourist, but now there was a new problem. Kasu didn't have any money to pay the guide, maybe he would accept his food. Kasu now walked over to the guide trying to ask. He hated having to talk to others but he needed help getting across, so he had no other choice. "Excuse me sir!" he yelled to get their attention. "I would also like to be led across the canyon! I don't have any money, but I have food if you are willing to accept that!" he said holding out the bag.

Word Count: 252
Total: 406
Back to top Go down
♛MR. BUBBLES
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
♛MR. BUBBLES

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm

The group would walk for a about thirty minutes. Taking in the sights and the fresh canyon air, but it was extremely hot so the group would almost instant stop causing Data to get a little annoyed. "We just started and they're already tried?!" He whispered to himself as he walked over to a near by rock, taking a seat away from the group as he watched the surrounding area. The Great Divide is a known stop for bandit attacks." Data thought as he bounced his right leg with a faint smile on his face. He knew wishing for a attack wasn't normal, but he was bored and itched for some action. His passion for a good fight was a strong one, something few knew about. As he rested on the rock, the tour guide walked over to Data with some water. "Here." He said holding out the icy cold liquid for Data to drink. The Young Earth-Bender looked at the flask, then back up at the guide. "Yeah, no thanks. I'm fine." Those few words made the guide grind his teeth with angry, and he couldn't help but comment of his words. "I know your type! Arrogant, impulsive, and disrespectful! Typical traits for a Earth-Bender!" He whispered so only Data could hear his voice, but the angry was still there none the same. The Young Earth-Bender couldn't help but to laugh in the face of the guide. But before he could say anything, another stranger came from around the corner. He looked a little suspicious. The guide saw Data's head jerk upward and followed his eyes, he instantly got defensive and ran over to the stranger. Maybe he was here the entire time, or maybe not. It was hard to tell from all the people around.

"Excuse me sir!" He would yell, but it seemed the guide was already heading in his direction before he even yelled these words. "I would also like to be led across the canyon! I don't have any money, but I have food if you are willing to accept that!" The Young Earth-Bender caught these words from the his distance. Standing up and walking over to the guide and stranger, Data would reach into his pouch and pull out a few more gold coins. "This place is no where to be alone. He'll most likely die if he's not with us." He said slamming the coins in the hand of the guide. Even though Data couldn't see this strangers face, he knew this was a male from the voice and the way he stood. Strolling back over to his rock, Data took another seat and released a sigh of deep boredom. If nothing happened soon, he'd soon find himself dead. Not from the intense heat, but from the intense boredom.

Word Count: 446
Total Word Count: 810
Rank up Points: 0

Back to top Go down
Kasutoro
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Kasutoro

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Kasu was greatly surprised, though they were complete strangers not even saying hi to each other the man paid for him. Kasu had started to thank the man when the guide stopped him. "You can't have food in the canyon, it attracts creatures" he said with a serious look on his face. Kasu frowned a bit at the thought of having to abandon his food which he brought with him. But Kasu didn't argue, and just nodded in agreement. "So when will we be leaving?" he asked. "Now, the food you just brought here put us all in danger" he said as he turned away telling everyone to stand up. 'Great my first encounter with other human beings in over a month and I put them all in danger' he thought to himself as he dropped the bad, and continued to follow the group. As they walked, Kasu kept a distance from the group by a few meters. He didn't feel like talking to anyone, and was afraid to anyway. Plus he didn't want anyone to notice how jumpy he was right about now. Every sound, every pebble they dropped startled him a bit, and that was embarrassing. He began to think that maybe he should have tried to walk around the entire canyon instead of through it. Yes he was a bit afraid, but yet the tourist weren't afraid and were actually smiling a bit, and pointing out different objects, and their shapes. "Yeah, laugh it all up now" he said to himself. He noticed how evil he had sounded, and shook his head now feeling bad about what he had said. They were just trying to enjoy themselves, so why shouldn't he do the same? If only it was that simple for him.

Three hours passed, and the group had only walked three miles, and taken like eight breaks. Kasu could understand since these people were most likely rich, and weren't use to this kind of stuff, but he couldn't help feeling a bit furious. It was now about five o'clock as Kasu looked at the sun trying to judge from the position. Nightfall would be coming soon, and so did the guide as the guide stopped to look at the sun as well. "We'll camp here for tonight" he said stopping the group. It was still unusually early to set up for camp seeing that they had a good three hours before nightfall. But then again these people probably never set up a tent in their lives, and it might prove difficult for maybe all of them. Kasu sighed, and joined the group to help set up the tents.

Word Count: 442
Total: 848
Back to top Go down
♛MR. BUBBLES
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
♛MR. BUBBLES

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

From his lone Rock, Data would watch as the tour guide ordered the stranger to throw away his food. "What can't we have food?" He thought to himself a little curious about why this was such a great deal. Data never carried food while he traveled, for it usually slowed him down a great deal. He liked living off Mother Gaia, killing the wildlife a real survival man he was. So he as quickly as the thought entered his head, it was almost instantly gone. Then the tour guide said it, the answer to the question that ran in and our Data's mind. "You can't have food in the canyon, it attracts creatures" The Young Earth-Bender wasn't surprised at all honestly. When he first arrived at The Great Divide, he's been seeing these strange looking creatures, they also looked hungry and cunning. "Throw in flesh eating creatures and bandits, and The Great Divide has just about everything I can ask for!" Data muttered to himself spitting out a pool of saliva over to his left. The liquid hit the dusty earth with a "SPLAT" causing little traces of dust to raise from the earth and float low above ground. Turning back to face the guide and this unknown stranger, words continued to be exchanged. "Now the food you just brought here put us all in danger!" He screamed facing the group of people signaling them to get ready to move onward. Data couldn't help but smirk at his last comment. "Whatever is out here. I'll face it head on!" He whispered standing up from his rock and walking towards the guide.

The guide looked over at Data, and Data did the same. With a fast arm movement, the guide held out his arm right in front of Data causing him to stop. "If anything shows up. I'll need your help." He muttered with a raspy tone of voice so only Data could hear. Looking the guide deep in his eyes, The Young Earth-Bender could also see the fear, but this mans pride covered it up perfectly, but the fear was still obviously there. "If anything happens. I'll make sure everyone lives to see another day." With that being said, he patted the guide on his shoulder and pushed on by him.

What felt like forever only lasted a few hours. The people took in the sights gawking at one another. This didn't really bother Data, it was just un-needed and kind of annoying, but people do what they want so he had no other choice but to deal with it. The stranger with the food didn't cross his mind anymore, Data was doing his own thing, watching over the area for creatures and bandits. He had no time to worry about so hoodie man, nor did he want to. But what really made Data angry, out of everything that was going on. Every twenty minutes, the group had to stop and take a break. The first few times didn't really faze him, but as time went on, and he day started showing the early signs of nightfall, he couldn't keep his angry bottled up anymore. Each break seemed longer then the next, and when the eighth break came and went Data was ready to travel by himself. "This is really pissing me off!" He said to himself throwing rocks over one of the many canyons. "We'll camp here for tonight" The guide shouted with a powerful tone of voice making sure everyone heard him. But as these words reached his ears, Data stood up with flattened eyebrows. "Yo, how much longer do we have to travel?!" The Young Earth-Bender asked his voice filled with angry, and his body restless from all the going then stopping.

"Another six hours of travel. Up this canyon, and down the other-side, why?" The guide asked with a confused look upon his face. Data looked at each person who also looked back at him, he would then shout words no one out in The Great Divide would want to here. "I'm going on ahead. Now that I know how to get outta this place, I should be fine. If anyone wants to come follow me. But I'm not going to rest here when we still have good traveling light!" The guides mouth dropped with confusing, quickly he got a hold of reality and responded to Data's little outburst. "You won't make it! The creatures hunt at night and the only thing that stops them is fire!" "Then I'll make fire!" The Young Earth-Bender shouted not wanting to wast anymore time. He looked around at the people one last time, no one rose up from what they were doing, it seemed like the tour guides words stuck fear into their souls like a sword to the heart. "pathetic !" He spoke one last time before he started walking into the distance. The tour guide still needed him, but if he tried to stop him, he knew Data would instantly take that as a challenge and fight back. And the guide couldn't risk injury. Turning back to the group, the guide would raise his arms and shout a few words. "Alright people. Back to the tents!"

Word Count: 869
Total Word Count: 1,679
Rank up Points: 1

Back to top Go down
Kasutoro
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Kasutoro

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Kasu was helping a elderly lady set up her tent. Unlike the others she seemed to know how to do it, but just couldn't do it no more. She had a few young children probably her grands and great grandchildren. They were helpful though extremely playful getting into a bunch of mess. One three year old girl had ran into someone else's tent making it fall. No one was really mad, but she cried her eyes out. And all Kasu could do was to smile. Then he had heard a slight commotion, and decided to turn his head around to see what it was. The guide, and the man from earlier were what had seemed to be having a heated conversation. "I'm going on ahead. Now that I know how to get outta this place, I should be fine. If anyone wants to come follow me. But I'm not going to rest here when we still have good traveling light!"

No way he was planning to leave by himself. It wasn't that he was worried about the man himself, he looked like he could handle himself. It was the innocent people of their tour group he worried for, with one less person their chance for survival got worst. "You can't go!" he yelled running past the man and standing in front of him. "You go, and these people die. Elderly, and children. You think these creatures worry about who, or what they kill? I don't think they do at all. And rather you can defend yourself or not, what about bandits? They're not afraid of fire, and without someone to watch your back your chance's become as slim as ours!" Kasu was secretly praying that what he said had gotten through to the man, and he would stay. But Kasu also knew it might not be likely either.

Word Count: 317
Total: 1,165
RUP: 1
Back to top Go down
♛MR. BUBBLES
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
♛MR. BUBBLES

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Light, swift, and sudden vibrations started approaching from behind Data. The shock-waves reached his feet and traveled up to his brain putting a perfect black and white image of his surrounding in his head. The Young Earth-Bender didn't do anything, he simply kept walking forward. Whoever it was, their heartbeat spoke louder then words, telling Data this person who was running behind him wasn't evil. Coming to a sudden stop, he turned his head over to the left and noticed it was the man with the hood over his head. Stopping right in front of Data, he would hold his arms out attempting to get this Hot-Blooded Earth-Bender to reconsider his actions. "Is this guy stupid?!" He muttered taking a slight step backwards, with the various items upon his hip shaking wildly. Data stood in place for a moment trying to get a good look at this strangers face, but that wasn't happen. His hood gave off a shroud of black darkness which started at his forehead and ended at his nose. All Data could make out was the shape of his mouth and chin which gave him little to no information. The thought entered his head to just push pass this stranger, but violence wouldn't be the answer out here; in the middle of nowhere. "...Move..." The Young Earth-Bender would speak with a strong powerful voice. If it came down to a fight, Data would end it quickly as possible giving little to no damage, just enough for this stranger to stand down. Then suddenly, the thought entered his head. "Oh I get it. You want to come with me right?" He said with a arrogant tone of voice. Just when he thought no one here had any good sense one man steps up and changes his entire outlook.

"You go, and these people die. Elderly, and children. You think these creatures worry about who, or what they kill? I don't think they do at all. And rather you can defend yourself or not, what about bandits? They're not afraid of fire, and without someone to watch your back your chance's become as slim as ours!" The hoodie stranger said causing Data to frown just a little. But the frown wouldn't last long. It also wasn't a frown of sadness, but more of disappointment. "Just when I thought someone had common sense." Data spoke chuckling slightly looking down at the dusty earth underneath his feet. Jerking his head upward, the chuckling slowly stopped, and his eyes burned with a burning passion for danger and adventure. "You think I care for this people?!" The Young Earth-Bender asked pointing at the group behind him with a powerful finger. "Well, I don't I'll protect them with my last breath only if they came with me! I don't have time to waste, I need to get outta here ASAP. You get that?" He said standing tall and proud with the powerful body of a demi-god. Moving his left hand with a type of waving motion, from left to right one good time. The earth underneath the strangers feet would quickly shift him over to the right about two meters away, making more then enough room for Data to walk by. Bringing himself to a steady walking pace once again, Data slowly turned his head back at the stranger and spoke his last words. "I don't care about the creatures or bandits. I'm willing to throw-down. I'll see you guys on the other-side... Probably not, but whatever. " With that being said, Data began Disappearing behind the wall of blowing dust and earth.

Word Count: 599
Total Word Count: 2,278
Rank up Points: 2

Back to top Go down
Kasutoro
Non-Bender
Non-Bender
Kasutoro

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Hours past, and there was still no sign of the man. No one had dared to go look for him in fear of them being robbed, or eaten alive. In a way it was pathetic, but what could they really do? Kasu understood that having extra baggage can slow you down and even get you killed. But the man had even offered to protect them. The man shouldn't had been surprised that no one followed behind, and neither was Kasu. The image of him walking through the dust, and disappearing was still in his head as he thought of how stupid this man was to. Sure he knew his way out now, but no matter how good you are you can always use someone else to back you up. Kasu wasn't suggesting himself, but was referring more to the old guide, who in fact looked like he needed someone to help him.

The sun had fallen, and the moon rose high up into the sky out of everyone's reach. The hot canyon soon became cold as the temperatures dropped dramatically. Everyone was huddled around the campfire for warmth. Everyone except for Kasu that is, he was sitting high above the group on a rock, that over looked the general direction that the man took. He had seen multiple fires around that area indicating it wasn't just the man alone, but even other travelers or bandits in the area. Either way they weren't the only people in the canyon. The fire below grew to the point where it was at least fifteen feet tall. This was for their protection, but also served as a beacon letting bandits know they were there. But the bandits also were at risk of being attacked so moving around without fire would be suicide. And if they did move around with it, Kasu would be able to spot them a mile away.

That was the plan anyway until a few clouds started to appear which meant nothing at first. Until he realized that these were rain clouds, and there was more gathering over the Divide. More problems arose. It was already freezing in the canyon, the rain wasn't going to help. And it would put out their fire leaving them vulnerable to the beast which reside in the canyon. Not only that, but if it was heavy rain, there would be flooding, and they would need to be able to get to higher ground, while fighting the freezing air, and the creatures at the same time. It was official, they needed an extra hand. They needed the man from before to help them, but he was about six miles away. It would take forever if he brought someone along, but if he went by himself an half an hour at the least while jogging. Kasu didn't even have to say a word as he looked down and the guide caught his gaze. The guide understood, and nodded giving him the ok. Right afterwards he took off in the direction the man went.

After about thirty minutes there was still no sign of the man, and a light rain had begun. The clouds weren't making it easier to find him as they blocked out the moon taking away the little light he had. Kasu hadn't thought to bring a torch as he just took right off so he was as blind as a bat except for the occasional lightning flash's. Kasu counted the time it took for the thunder to clap right after the lightning flashed. Five seconds. The whole storm was five miles away, this was a trick he picked up from his father. He didn't have long though as he kept moving looking for the man, but not a single sign of life was found. If only he had a name to call out, to reach out to the him with. Finally after ten minutes signs of life showed.. but it wasn't the life he was hoping for. He seen the outline of a bug like creature, and assumed it was the monsters the guide warned him about. He had to hurry, fighting by himself like this wasn't going to be great.

The next flash came, and the thunder came two seconds afterward. The storm was already upon them, as the rain started to fill like rocks being thrown at him. It was so cold he could see frost starting to appear on his cloak, and on the ground. The rain now drowned out all the sound along with the thunder, so even if he did have a name to call it wouldn't be heard. The flash's were more frequent now though allowing him to see, but the rain didn't allow him to see more than twenty meters ahead. He kept an eye on possible ambush spots for creatures and bandits. The water started to rise up to his ankle, and slowed him down. He counted the time it took for the thunder to come after the flash. There was no time, they both came at the same time. The storm was now directly above them as the rain began to feel more like iron balls instead of rocks. To top it off, he was now surrounded.

The creatures he knew that were there now had him surrounded as they came from behind rocks cutting him off from continuing his search. The water was rising even higher now, and his cloak was drenched. It felt heavy on him, but also protected him from the rain. But the rain was nothing compared to what he had to face now. In order to be able to avoid being eaten, the rid himself of the extra baggage. He threw away the cloak letting it flow down along with the rushing water. His dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and tattoo now showed. He held his katana in hand, and placed his hand on the hilt using his thumb to push it up some. He was once again in a battle for his life.

Word Count: 1004
Total: 2,169
RUP: 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything.   First Time For Everything. Empty

Back to top Go down

First Time For Everything.
Page 1 of 1